A lot has been happening in my life recently. We randomly sold our house and are currently renting. If you’ve been under a rock, I recently re-branded Sideline Swagger (more on that to come in the next few months). But one of the biggest changes is that I have been consistently been working out.
I have never felt better. Through all these stressful chaotic days, getting in the gym has given me the strength to endure.
I’ve made it a priority, even though I LITERALLY have the smallest amount of time to fit it into my week.
Why is taking care of ourselves – who should be #1 – so far down the list? Without #1 in good shape then no one else can be in good shape (figuratively).
How are YOU feeling these days? Are you tired?
Evaluate a few things:
- Are you eating well? >> Vegetables, green smoothies, lean meats, good fats.
- How much sleep are you getting? >> REST! This can be the best medicine.
- Vitamins >> Even a daily multivite helps.
- Deficiencies >> If you think you have serious ones, see your doctor.
- Intolerances >> Gluten, dairy, soy, etc. These all can have a major impact on your body if you are intolerant. Going gluten free changed my life!
- Lymphatic system >> Sounds crazy but half the reason I go to the gym is to just sweat. For some odd reason it takes a lot for my body to sweat!
- WATER >> How much are you drinking? Make it your life goal to drink water like it’s going out of style.
- Routine >> This sounds so simple but keep your day to day as routine as possible. When you wake, eat, go to sleep.
All the above sound pretty easy, right? NO. To eat well, sleep well and take care of YOU…it takes time. But make that healthy lifestyle a priority. Squeeze a water break in between phone calls at work or a workout in between the chaos of the rest of the day. Use technology to help you – put reminders for healthy activities in your calendar, set an alarm to take your vitamins, or use apps to track workouts.
Everything will fall into place when you take care of yourself and you’ll feel great!